Sunday, September 21, 2008

Antenna???

Did I tell you that we got rid of our Dish account? We had way to many channels with nothing to watch and lots to avoid so Michelle and I decided we would be content with the "local" channels that we could pick up. We had a small indoor antenna that we quickly determined was useless! I looked up information about outdoor antennas and convinced Michelle that I could have it up with no problem. Trey was a real trooper as we tried to figure out where to put it, which side of the house had our cable input, and what direction it would need to point. Well, two hours later I am standing on the top rung of our ladder reaching up to put brackets in the house and trying to balance the antenna and a wrench and screwdriver and holding it all together as Trey looked helplessly from below. He was great! I mean he did everything I asked - except for the time when I asked him to see how the picure looked as we rotated the antenna. His description was fine, ok, good, etc. I would come in and find a fuzzy picture and go back out in disgust. Tonight we watched Green Bay get stomped by Dallas - my friend Leslie will be gloating, but I will remind her that Favre is with another team and . . . .

So what can you learn from putting up an antenna? Well, my projects still take at least twice as long as I estimate and it will never go right the first time. Perhaps I should read the instructions! Relating this to my walk with God is easy. I often take detours, and make mistakes that take up precious time. I continue to learn that I need to take time to read His instructions. Thanks for coming along!

No comments: